I am on

Pages

2015/08/08

DIY Farmhouse Bench

Hello fellow bloggers and blog lovers! Here is another project I wanted to share to you today.

Hubby and I agreed to have a farm bench for our dining room. We don't have seating in dining room and we have a big family coming for a visit soon (wow, that rhymes!), so we decided to get a bench because I wanted to have a rustic feel for our dining area.




However, we were on a tight budget. My motto is, "If you can't buy, it, build it", thanks to my dad-in-law's expertise and cool manly tools, he helped and taught me the ways of carpentry by building a bench.

O yeah. Don't I look good with tools. I sure like to think so.
Some women love their shoes. I like a fine piece of machinery.

There are a number of tutorials you can find in Pinterest. We used this DIY Farmhouse bench tutorial for this particular bench because it is very simple and has a sturdier design. I customized mine, depending how long my table is. We went for a darker shade of stain. I used Varathane 3X Ash wood stain and finished it with Varathane Triple thick polyurethane (Gloss)


I hope you like  my little project. Till next project! Keep Inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comment brightens my day