I am on

Pages

2013/08/02

New Antique Store in Town

So my vacation is coming to an end. I had  a glorious 2 weeks off from work to be with my in-laws. Mum and I decided to go for a little RnR antiquing to Rockton, a small town part of Rockford.

One thing I like about antique store is not just finding old artifacts from good ol' days.  I love trying on dainty hats like these!





...and a try on a fancy crochet gloves perhaps?



There is a street full of antique shops. We stumbled upon a newly opened antique mall called The Rustic Rooster.


We were pleased with their store. The people were inviting, the displays are well presented and organized.
The staff prepared  free little treats and barbecue sausages and hotdogs for the customers for their grand opening!


Free lunch and fully energized for more shopping!


They are selling a mixed of antiques and handicrafted home decors which was actually nice because it gives you more options if the stuff are too rustic for your taste.  I could relate in appreciating DIY handicrafts. However I admit that when it comes to antiques, I don't know what I'm doing.
I guess it takes a lot of knowledge to find that perfect and valuable piece.

Example this?At first I thought it was a torture device, but it was actually a pot scrubber! Imagine life without scotch brite?


So glad I was with my mother-in-love. Mum has great eye for antiques. She gave me one tip. Go for whatever catches my eyes.


So I did! This pretty little thing caught my eye! A pretty crochet apron! I thought it's interesting since I never seen anything like. It's a statement of my interest/career. Cooking!


If you are around Rockford IL and likes antiques, I would recommend this store. we had such a great time. You can read their info on their facebook.

Have fun!



1 comment:

  1. It looks like an interesting place, and I love that you modeled some of the items for us. I too would have thought the pot scrubber was a torture device.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day