I am on

Pages

2018/12/03

Favorite Things Party 2.0

There's no denying, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. It's when little twinkling light transforms everything into something magical. It puts everybody in spirit of festivity and gift giving.
In keeping tradition alive, I hosted "My Favorite Things" party for the second time. Maybe it's that Filipino in me, that can't say "NO" when friends asked me if am I doing the party again.

Throwing a party is something I am not used to. I stress out about it even though an event is a months away.  I can't help it. It means, I care so much about it.



It gives me a sense of accomplishment when the house is made up. I want to welcome guests with some good old Filipino hospitality.

I want to set the mood with natural warm colors and a pop of minimal reds. Cardboard house lamps as table settings brings more festivity for the coming good food that was about to come on the table.






Fresh, natural greenery from the backyard and cranberries adds a romantic flare. 



Snowflakes for snow effect for those who love "White Christmas". It looks messy on the photo, but I swear it looked magical in person.

A party doesn't have to be elaborate. The fellowship is what matters. It was an intimate gathering with close friends. I want to celebrate these wonderful women who inspires me.




Fun games were played and slaughters were shared. In one game, I had them write their favorite Christmas  song, only to surprise them, that they would lip sync it. It was so much fun and talents, were discovered.



The ladies not only shared great simple gifts, but each gifts symbolizes a part of their hearts. It gave way to knowing each other better. One of the ladies had a great idea, sharing her collection of essential oils, so all of us get to concoct our own personalized mixture! I thought that was pretty awesome!



Situations can change our life schedules and dynamics. I looked forward to this gathering so we could catch up from the things we have missed and keep our close friends closer.
I am not a wealthy person, but I want to give back the blessings that God has blessed me, be it with a simple talent in crafting and good food to bring smile to others.




Here is an idea how to do a "Favorite Things Party", inspired by Magnolia Journal. Have a nice Day!




1 comment:

  1. The greatest gift that we have to give is ourselves , although we can definitely lead others to Christ as well by a life of faith and surrender to his plans NO MATTER WHAT! Myric you are a true example of a friend! I am so appreciative for you being willing to open your home to your wacky and inspiring friends. You inspire me with your creative knack for decorating and writing along with the gentle way in which you nurture your children. You are one who TRULY lets her light shine. It is my prayer that you continue to seek Christ in all that you do for many woman are looking for kind selfless friends and they are looking for someone JUST LIKE YOU !!!�� Love you much!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day