I am on

Pages

2019/05/06

"Moving with In-Laws"

I cannot believe it has been five months since the family talked and thought about merging two families in one big house. Everything went so quick. Although it wasn't considered as an impulse buy. The family was convinced that this is meant to be, for as everything is going so well, though not perfectly.

It hasn't sink in to me yet, being our house is not in the market yet. We still have a good amount of time to wait till we are close into closing our newly purchased home.

I have thought of possibility moving to a new house, but never in my wildest dream that the home will be built from the scratch. I feels so unreal. I feel I don't deserve it because I am just a stay home wife/mom who doesn't earn an income and my husband earns just enough to support a family of five, but the Lord blessed us with an amazing relationship with my in-laws who we can share a future home and live together.

prepping the ground





















We went to a process of which I've only seen on TV, where we went to a design room to pick all the elements we want to put in our design. It's a builder home so the choices and designs are limited. Thankfully, we nailed the time record in picking the designs, considering there were four opinions sitting at the table.

Pipes are lining and getting the foundation ready

Although, our decision to live in one house is a little unorthodox, as I have received a lot of wide eyes reactions when I said, we are are living with my in-laws, the house is good enough to cater two families. My in-laws will make an apartment type space, perfect for empty nesters who wants to be as close proximity as possible around their grand children.

Structure up soon!

We are so excited about this. I am very close to my in-laws. They adopted me as their very own daughter since I am a country away from my family.
I miss my family, it hurts. I feel the Lord has heard my heart's desire to re-live my cultural values (family ties)and apply it with my new family.

To us Filipinos, family is everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comment brightens my day