I am on

Pages

2012/03/07

40 Year Old Stripped!


Don't worry. This post has no dirty content like how my tittle sounded (what was I thinking? lol), although this work was quite a bit dirty in the process.



Let me first start with a story.

Hubby and I bought our first new dining table before me moved here in Tucson. Good dining tables could be very expensive, especially the retractable ones. I wanted a round table, but we ended up getting an oval oak retractable table with 10 seating! Hubby just couldn't let that get away for such INSANELY CHEAP CLEARANCE price. It had a minor damage, but my super amazing dadzy (my father-in-law) fixed it up nicely for us.
But we just couldn't afford to get dining chairs yet. Yes, that how poor we are lol!. Glad Jon still have these 40 something year old dining chairs which I think belonged to his Grandparents  (down to his parents). The chairs were pretty but it doesn't match with our new table :(

So I stripped the paint off with paint remover, sand it until the natural wood showed. I had a little accident with the decorative accent of the chair's back. I put paint remover which revealed it was actually a plastic! What a mess! Some parts melted, so I decided to just spray paint it with brown.
 Then, after furnished the wood part of the chairs with Minwax Natural Stain to match the color of our oak table then finished it with scratch resistant Rust-Oleum Quart Clear Polyurethane.


Hubby and I decided to use this fabric that I got from Hancock Fabrics. How can I resist? It was in clearance and it's pretty!





I am finally finished with my very first big furniture revamp project that cost me back pains and sore arm. I enjoyed it though. It's what I call "Good Stress".

and now.. onto my next project. Make a shelf for hubby's tiny speaker bar shelf!



Momma Hens Coop









HOG

18 comments:

  1. I know that was a lot of work to do, and that is why we never did it while we had the chairs. Though we recovered those seats more times than I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have done this if our table is dark brown. I guess it is easier to refinish small chairs instead of the heavy oak table. BUt I am happy with the color now. Made our dining room brighter

      Delete
  2. Those turned out great! The set is amazing! You did a great job...can't wait to see the stereo bar shelf...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just finished it today. Very small. easier work :)

      Delete
  3. Well done sister! Naku pag yumaman ako ng bonggang-bongga at nagkaroon ako ng company, ihi-hire kitang Creative Consultant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Sige, pag-pray nating yumaman ka at magkaroon ng sariling company hehe

      Delete
  4. Those are so beautiful! What a wonderful job you did!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I ma totally impressed, Myric! I had to laugh over your title:) Now I know what's been causing all of your aches and pains! I really love the blue and white fabric you chose for the chairs. You did an excellent job, now take a well deserved break:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great job, Myric. They go so well with the table now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an insane amount of work you have done! Awesome job. You can pat yourself on the back from us girls at Sisterkins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! That fabric is very pretty! Thanks for coMing by to link up at the Creative Inspirations party! I am so glad you did!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myric, you did a great job on the chairs!! They look so good with the table, and I think it's nice to have something that belonged in the family. Very pretty fabric, too. That was a lot of work!! Good job!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Myric, it all looks great! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic! Just think how much nicer these chairs are since they are all you C:

    Thanks so much for sharing at our Pin'inspiration Party this week. Hope that you pop by tomorrow to help get ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL.. LOVE it Myric.. very wonderfully done.. YOU are talented.. ;)) LOVE the fabric..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Myric, when you have a chance, read my latest post "Awards and Hugs." I have something for you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Myric,
    You did a fabulous job and I love your set!! And the fabric is beautiful too. How are you doing? Better, I hope. I am very sick with this virus and I hope it goes away soon. Wishing you a blessed Sunday...sending (((hugs))) your way,
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day