I am on

Pages

2011/12/03

Wedding Left-Over Project: Christmas Banner




You probably have heard or read one of my Wedding Left-over projects. I hope you aren't tired yet of it but Yes! I am making one more!


Our wedding took place on December so I thought what theme could be perfect than Winter or Christmas theme wedding!





So I had a bunch of these plastic snowflake ornaments from our wedding that we bought from Gordman's. Me and my mumsy raided the Christmas decor section and got all ornaments left. 
Later, I found 10 pcs. clear plastic icicles for a dollar at a thrift store.

Since it was Winter/Christmas theme, I wanted to decorate the altar with a snowfall effect.  I had to work for it to make it happen.  I didn't mind climbing the ceiling and do all the dirty work. It was my idea afterall!

Now, I thought I wanted to use them for something, more than just as tree ornaments. I looked at my blank white decor-less wall and came-up with Christmas banner!







With the help of ever trusty Graphics Fairy, I found this image of round frame. I edited and put text using my image editing tool. (GIMP)

Print 'Merry Christmas'  of any language of choice. I chose French in this one.




..cut the letters in squares and decorated it with glitter-glue, then paste it on blue cardboard paper that I cut in triangular shape.






The snowflakes were clear that I had to put glitters on them so they could be more visible on my white wall. Then I taped it on a cord (or ribbon will do). 
The cord is actually my wedding ceremonial cord commonly used on Filipino weddings.

 This is just a part of my 'Snowflake on my wall Project'. Will reveal the whole wall later :)

a tout a l'heure! 

 



4 comments:

  1. Oh Myrics,
    This is totally GORGEOUS!!! I love it! And we must think alike as my theme is snowflakes this year too...can you believe it?

    Your wedding was breathtaking...I can just imagine it in person..and your dress was completely dreamy!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, sorry, I was typing fast and wrote Myrics instead of Myric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snowflakes are gorgeous! I love anything that sparkles! Thanks for stopping by. No, I'm not getting a real tree ~ but the place I went today was selling them, and they smelled so good!
    Have a wonderful week, Myric!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    my blog post Juegos Gratis

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day