I am on

Pages

2012/08/14

Enjoying My In-Laws

 It has been an emotional week for the family as we bade farewell to a loved one who passed away.


Though there might be no words to comfort for the loss, the presence of the family who came in spite of long hours of drive and discomfort of leaving work helped the family a lot to at least have a moment of laughter reminiscing good memories. 

Phoenix AZ- My father in law David and his two sisters Ruth and Marlene

My in-laws did not hesitate to drive from IL to AZ as soon as they heard the sad news. They saw it also as an opportunity to visit and stay with us for a few days in Tucson. I was thrilled with the idea.

Tucson AZ- Took my in-laws to our church to meet awesome church family at Copper Mountain. Mumzy has been bugging me for a grand baby so grabbed this cutie.

We are currently enjoying their company. They were amazed with the beauty of the desert except from the high temperature! We are currently on a tour to see the Grand Canyon but our direction ended up to Hoover Dam. 

We still tried to go to Grand Canyon Sky walk which turned out to be a great disappointment because of unexpected fees of $80/ person. We decided to call it a day, headed to our hotel and go to South rim side of Grand Canyon next day (today).



3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss - and what wonderful in-laws you have to come at a moments notice!
    Hugs
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with your family.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuties that you can hand back to their parents are the best, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day