I am on

Pages

2012/02/03

Google Friend Connect is Closing... Completely??

March 1, 2012 is believed to be the date when Google Friend Connect is shutting down for non-Blogger users like Wordpress. However, there is a rumor that GCF will be shutting down completely.

Does that mean I could lose that awesome little tool that connect me to my wonderful followers? The answer to this question is completely unsure. This is best answer I could find and I am holding on to the hope my blog would be fine.

Seriously!... I should read news more often and pay attention to Blogger buzz!

"Friend Connect allows webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a few snippets of code. We're retiring the service for all non-Blogger sites on March 1, 2012. We encourage affected sites to create a Google+ page and place a Google+ badge on their site so they can bring their community of followers to Google+ and use new features like Circles and Hangouts to keep in touch."

Honestly, I am a little frustrated with this. I didn't even like the new Blogger's preface and now this! I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Only the suggestion Blogger could offer was to switch to Google+

To me it looks like Google is trying to keep-up with facebook to increase their traffic. Changes are good but adjustments are just too much work!

I did switched to Google+ and tried to get Google+ badge gadget which will be a replacement/alternative for GFC. I did however managed to get this...
But can't get this for some reason :(



 So instead, I got this! C'est trop facile! Very easy and ideal for non-Blogger users. You can sign-up here



I love my bloogy friends and I would hate to lose you. I would really appreciate if you follow me on my LinkyFollowers or through Google+, and if I am your follower please let me know if you want me to re-follow you back. :)
Thank you so much for your time. I hope you all are having a good day :)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great information!!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually hate change, but I love this new Linky tool. I'm following you, so stop by and follow back so we can connect. Thanks, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to join, but it wouldn't let me! Geez, I wonder why!!! Also, why weren't you able to get Adsense? I hope that it can be changed and that you can get it!!! Sending (((hugs))) your way,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im actually also confused about this one. Some says its true the others say the opposite. Hope it's not :(

    vinayabut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day