I am on

Pages

2012/09/26

When in New Mexico

Hello world!
I know it's been few days since my last post. I am still in my post vacation mode since we came home. I had to work the night after we came home and the day after that. Our apartment was a mess and I was overwhelmed with my projects that I ended up procrastinating both cleaning and finishing my pending projects.
Okay but before that, I want to share a glimpse of our trip in New Mexico.
We did not have enough time to explore NM. Hubby just went there for a conference and that's about it. I didn't make any itenerary because we couldn't stay longer than we should anyway. However, we tried to make the most of small amount of time we had.
I am pretty sure there are a lot of things to do in the largest city of New Mexico. We planned to go to White Sand Monument, but unfortunately they were doing a missle test. So we just went to historic old town of Albuquerque. There's nothing much to see but souvenir and art shops. 


We only had less than an hour to wonder around the old town. I had to choose between souvenir shopping or taking photos. Since I can't rush art, I chose to shop for souvenirs! Then I saw this door and I just had to take a picture of it. Too bad I didn't bring my camera. This was taken with my Iphone. It wasn't bad right?

We also found The Christmas Shop where it's Christmas all year long!



In souvenir shops, you will find a lot of these..


 Who's in for tequila pops with real worm in it? Apparently are originally made in CA.

How many licks does it take to the creepy core?
Did I read it right? Candy with a creepy crawler in the core? I don't mean to gross you out, but it's just very interesting. I actually asked one shop vendor if she have tried one of these. She never did but her husband did. He said it was like eating a toothpick. Will I do it? It is too much for me that I saw it inches away from my foot, but to linger in my mouth? I don't think so. Will you?
It's dead but I wonder, is it cooked?



Since I don't think I am ready yet for scorpion candy, I settled for a more neutral souvenirs. Cute bead bracelets! I bought these from  a souvenir shop called South Western Handicrafts  from a very nice vendor for $1.87 a piece.


Partying at:

Wow Me Wednesday

stuff and nonsense
Motivated Monday


3 comments:

  1. I saw someone try some of that insect candy on a tv show over here, they weren't impressed! I'd stick to the Christmas shop, I think.
    The door picture is lovely, the colours look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeekk - no thanks on the insect candy!! I love the pretty bracelets and the photo of the blue door! Very nice!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci de partager avec nous des petits moments précieux de votre voyage grâce à vos merveilleuses photos.
    Gros bisous à vous et profitez bien de chaque instant !

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day