I am on

Pages

2011/11/06

Wedding Left-over Turned Christmas-y

 Can you feel it yet?

I know I do.



I know my friends are starting to make Christmas decorations as early as November and it is not even thanksgiving yet! I know my friend Cindy of Whimsical Musings is with me on this. Right Cindy?

If you are like us who is excited about Christmas, hop on to Cindy's blog for cool tutorials and join the fun!

Her creations inspired me to start making early Christmas decorations. I still have some wedding left-over materials so I thought I should give it a shot!



This design is actually inspired by a post from     OC Cottage Blog

As some of you may know that my wedding theme was Christmas Wedding/ Winter Wedding. I've got some leftovers that was helpful in making this wreath. Like the feather from my bouquet that I used for embellishment. 



I wrapped the metal wire with some tissue paper, then, I covered it with a piece of white netting we used from our wedding arch.



I kept those fabric softener sheets for a reason!

I made a flower petals out of them. Now they look like fine white flowers and smelling like one too! Those are the wooden buttons I got from a clearance shelf at Michael's for a dollar a pack! 

I cut out dove shapes and drizzle them with glitters. You might want to use paint glitter if you want to make you life easier.lol. I was just being thrifty.



 I also cut out some from a lyric music sheet (our wedding song), and French labels from Graphics Fairy.

I hope you are all having a great day! Thanks for stopping by :)

a tout a l'heure


Linking to:
Craft-O-Maniac 


8 comments:

  1. Oh how totally beautiful, Myric!! I love your wreath! and thank you SO much for letting people know about my Christmas projects--I hope that they are inspiring lots of people. xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leftovers are best, aren't they! You are very creative (and congrats on the wedding too, BTW)

    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy!
    Smiles,
    Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! It is a nice change from the color saturated wreaths that pop up this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you wedding leftovers turned Christmas wreath!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and creative wreath, Myric! I love how you incorporated mementos from your wedding to make it even more special! Those doves are gorgeous, and the fabric softener sheets turned flowers are pure genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabric flowers that smell good too.....how clever of you and I love that you made a lasting memory from the wedding leftovers. Very unique and thoughtful. ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Myric! That is absolutely gorgeous! : ).. Very creative, and I love the feather. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day