I am on

Pages

2011/09/29

3 Ingredient Pulled Pork Recipe

This recipe is as easy as counting 1-2-3. I am blogging about this now while my pork tenderloins are cooking in my crock-pot. I found a few easy recipes for slow cookers from thegirlwhoateeverything. Crockpot will be my bestfriend this week.
I did not grow-up having slow cooker or crockpots in our house. I usually see my mother used pressure cooker.  Both can be used to cook this recipe and come-up with the same result. But the concept Crock pot is cook-it and forget it, while pressure cooker needs a lot of attention. 

So if you don't have a crockpot, use this method for pressure cooking.




The recipe speaks for itself. It only consists of only three ingredients

Pork
Rootbeer (or coke will do)
Barbeque sauce

Again, I do not measure, so if you want detailed measurments of ingredients and for cooking directions go here.


If you are feeling fancy, you can make use Bobby Flay's recipe.

In the Phillipines, barbeque sauce is not a typical condiment in the house (or sa mga suking tindahan/ small stores). We concoct our own. If you are not too picky with the taste, you can also make your own simple homemade b-bque sauce  recipe using:

-Ketchup
-soy sauce
- vinegar
-brown sugar
-Worcestershire sauce
- ground ginger
-garlic
-canola or other mild vegetable oil

do not be discouraged if you are missing an ingredient or two. You can use alternative ingeredient that has close or similar taste. That's the art of cooking.

Then serve it in a hamburger bun, or for my fellow Filipinos, in "monay/pandesal" or steamed rice. Kids will love it because of its sweet taste.

2 comments:

  1. It is! Although it was too late I found out I used vanilla rootbeer. But it works anyway. My husband loved it and asked if I can make it again.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comment brightens my day